Thursday, March 26, 2009

Assignment #10

Hey I'm doing mine as like a person of Chinese descent talking about their life when they worked on the Canadian Pacific railroad.

Hello my name is Yuan Sung and I work on the Canadian pacific railroad. Conditions are rough here in northern Saskatchewan and we get mistreated and poorly paid.People mistreat me because of my ancestors and my small eyes even thought I was born and raised English speaking in northern Saskatchewan.I only made a dollar and a quarter a day only because I could read and write in English while my Chinese born friend made a measly three quarter dollars a day. The people of European descend made between one dollar and two fifty a day. In my camp I have very poor living conditions and have to sleep on the hard damp floorboards crammed in close together to each other. The food we eat tastes horrible and we get only two meals a day that are tiny. The white Canadian men treat us badly if me make even one of the slightest mistakes and whip us and hit us.


But the most dangerous thing we are made to do is try to blast holes in the mountain by taking Nitro and throwing it then it explodes. For every two people who go in to blast a hole in the mountain only one came out alive because they exploded along with the some of the mountain

There is about 1 dead chinese railway worker foir every mile of the Canadian Pacific railway.







sites I used:





1.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Pacific_Railway





2.http://www8.cpr.ca/cms/English/General+Public/Heritage/default.htm



3.http://www.histori.ca/minutes/minute.do?id=10196

4.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this is very good Auguste. Keep up the good work!! Ihtink you deserve a ninety.